Monday, August 27, 2012

Lesson #1 - It Rains During Hurricanes

While Isaac has decided to hurricane outside all day...I've decided that I miss writing. It could be the fact that I haven't left the house in nearly two days...or that I've watched basically every Disney movie that I own...or that I've cleaned everything that can possibly be cleaned...take your pick! At any rate, I have taken it upon myself to start writing...you've been warned!


Steven loved toting my matching Vera luggage through the airport!

We have finally finished unpacking from our whirlwind month of August! A week in Indiana with my family, three days in Oregon with Steven's family, and three days in California with Mickey and Minnie...it was an absolute blast, but we are definitely excited to be back in Florida and settling back into our daily lives. Of course, it decides to hurricane the moment we step foot on Florida soil...it couldn't have done that while we were on the opposite coast?! Oh well...it's better than million degree temperatures!


This is how we roll in Indiana.
    

Indiana was wonderful...it's always fantastic to go back home and to always be welcomed with open arms. A nice healthy dose of the Mid-West does a body good! It's reassuring to know that people are still genuine, kind, and friendly...even if they forget how to be like that in Florida. Steven loved the fact that people put their carts in the cart-corrals in the Wal-Mart parking lot...no one does that here! He was also thoroughly impressed with one particular road side sign...in fact, he made me turn the car around so he could snap this picture!

We had a great time hanging out with my family, even if the house was a little cramped! It was just jam-packed with lots of love! We rode bikes with kids, drove them to practice, helped work on the Sander's new house, and soaked up the great weather. It was truly fabulous!



The cutest little thing!


We only had a little over a week to regroup and then repack between our Indiana and West Coast trips! It was definitely a challenge...and I don't even want to SEE an airplane for a very long time! But, boy was I excited to finally meet little miss Alice Amos! Alice is Steven's niece who just turned one year old! I've been in love with this adorable little girl since I first saw her pictures...and I could not wait to finally see her in person! Guess what?! She's even CUTER in real life!


We had an awesome time in Oregon with Dave, Annie, Alice, and Kris. It's definitely a different world! We rode our bikes to the county fair and to the farmer's market! We got to walk about Eugene, OR and play with Alice for three whole days...it was fabulous! We also did our Amos Family NFL Fantasy draft...I don't know what I've gotten myself into! Talk about a competitive group of people! But hey...I got first pick. ;-)


The original Main Street USA!
While we were super sad to say goodbye to Alice (and the rest of the gang), we were beyond excited to finally visit Disneyland! We've been dreaming of a West Coast trip for several months...we just never thought it would happen so quickly! It was a super long trip...but we landed at LAX around 9:00am and we stepped foot on Main Street USA around 11:00am the same day!


We spent the next three days soaking up every single second possible at Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure. We got to see Fantasmic! and World of Color...we ate at Blue Bayou, Carthay Circle, and Napa Rose (all insanely yummy places). We took hundreds of pictures, watched the parades, met the characters, rode the rides, and totally immersed ourselves from 8:00am to 11:00pm every day! And it was AWESOME! To be in the place that Walt Disney dreamed, created, and perfected...and to share it with each other was something out of this world. We can't wait to do it all over again!

Looks like a post card...right?!
We kept going back to two very different places...over and over again! We just couldn't get enough of the new Cars Land...just like the movie! More specifically, we couldn't get enough of the Cozy Cone Motel and their amazing Red's Apple Freezes (I might have had a few...or four) and their adorable Cozy Cone cups! We also fell in love with Paradise Pier. It was so different than anything that we have here at Walt Disney World. We might have also ridden the roller-coaster California Screamin' multiple times! However, Mickey's Fun Wheel is NOT so fun! I cried...it's true.



Unfortunately, our travels had to come to a close. However, we were more than ready to be back in our little lives here at Walt Disney World. I'm so glad that I was able to spend so much quality time with the kid that makes me smile the most! Until next time...we'll see ya real soon!

See ya real soon!

-----
And remember...it rains during hurricanes!

Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | Instagram | Pinterest | LinkedIn

No comments:

Post a Comment